Exceptional things. Winners.
1. Gingerbread-scented foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works. I have to remember it’s really soap. Otherwise, I would slurp a taste.
2. Kitchen Aid stand mixers. They look very retro. I named mine Betty.
3. Steel-cut oats with brown sugar, SQUIRREL NUT MIX, and soy milk. Most satisfying breakfast ever.
4. Newborns. God’s endorsement that the world should go on.
5. Josh Groban. The perfect pipes in a goofy-looking guy.
6. Black cohosh with clover. The only thing on the planet that significantly reduces hot flashes.
7. Monkey Face Scrub, a natural, easy exfoliant made from only sugar and coconut oil. Simply stir white sugar into coconut oil until you have thick paste. Store in a jar in the shower. Love it, love it.
8. Hanging clothes on the line. It helps me appreciate the sunshine, saving energy, stiff clothes, and Laura Ingalls Wilder.
9. Memory foam pillows. No more sore neck.
10. Mary Louise Streep. Otherwise known as Meryl. Most talented actress ever.
11. Russell Stover’s dark chocolate raspberry creme eggs. Divine.
12. The movies Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and Sense and Sensibility (which my husband calls Sense and Senseless.) Whichever one I’m watching at the time – that’s my favorite.
13. LOST. Best TV ever.
15. SQUASH PIZZA, the best non-tomato sauce pizza in the universe.
16. Chocolate-cherry M&Ms. I cannot eat just one.
17. BOUNDARIES by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
The hard/liberating truth on how to create healthy relationships with everybody in your life. The most significant book I’ve ever read. If everyone would read this, the world would be a better place.